Private Training Course Delivery
One of our major strengths is that all Plain Words trainers are business and technical writers as well as training professionals, rather than teachers who have moved into the private sector. This means that:
- Our courses are not scripted
- Trainers speak from their own experience
- They adapt the content as they present it to cater for different learning needs
- They will help you create your own Personal Implementation Plan to ensure you transfer knowledge to the workplace
In addition, before the course we are happy to:
- Review your templates and guidelines to ensure our content is consistent with them
- Familiarise ourselves with your preferred usage of terminology and style
When delivering the course we usually use a mixture of slides, 'chalk and talk', exercises (both practical and written) and group discussions.
We have a full range of writing skills courses covering every type of business document. By selecting modules from our standard courses and supplementing or customising them where required we can easily create a course that meets your needs exactly. The benefit of this approach is two-fold:
- Our standard courses are tried and tested so you can be confident that they are effective
- Costs are kept low as we are modifying material rather than writing a course from scratch.
The benefits of training can be difficult to assess, which is why we've developed a quantitative evaluation system. It combines an evaluation tool, using best practice evaluators, and the expertise of our own writers and trainers to assess improvement.
We analyse the material produced by delegates before and after training. We provide you with a graph showing individual and overall improvement in ten key skills.
To make sure valuable lessons transfer to the workplace you can book a follow on session after the course. Delegates can discuss with the trainer how they have implemented what they have learnt, go over points from the course and practise their skills by working on their own writing with the trainer’s help:
- Group training: this is done onsite, for up to 10 delegates at a time.
- Individual mentoring: this can be done either onsite or remotely by phone/web conference (e-mentoring). We can mentor up to ten delegates per day, which allows 30 minutes per delegate.
Optionally the trainer can assess a two to three page sample of the delegate’s writing before the mentoring and provide a short report for each delegate after the mentoring.