Have you seen?
Effective Email: Email Training Course
You write emails on a daily basis but do they always get the results you want?
Are some of your email habits working against you? Most of us now spend a significant part of our working day dealing with emails, but email often makes work rather than helps getting it done. Despite being such an important part of work, very few people receive formal email training.
In our Email Masterclass you will learn the six principles that make email work. This includes how to address and sign off emails, organise your content and consider your audience, to make sure you get the best results from the emails you send. We discuss things that can affect the tone of your emails, and what to do if an interchange is becoming heated.
We also touch on technical issues to help you make the most of your email software, but the course does not cover specific use of email software in detail.
What you will learn on this email training course
During this course, you will cover:
- How people decide which emails to read and which to ignore or delete
- Ways to minimise the number of emails you receive – and cut your workload
- Examples of the most common types of emails and how to write them – action requests and information requests
- Picking out key points and making them stand out from supporting information
- Writing emails that need to convey a lot of information
- Useful conventions to keep your subject line short and punchy
- Adapting your usual writing style to the medium of email
- Adjusting your tone and formality for your reader and purpose
- When not to copy others and how it could backfire
- How to say "No" politely