Eight Principles of Good Business Writing – a Self Study Course
A good business writer needs to know how to adapt their writing to suit the objectives and meet the readers' requirements.
This 30 minute module shows you how to:
- Keep your writing tight and focussed
- Choose the right words to convey your message
- Adapt the tone to suit the circumstances
- Analyse your reader: what do you want them to know, do or think?
- Avoid embarrassing grammatical and spelling mistakes
- Make a document easier to read immediately, just by changing the layout
- Use headings, bullets and numbering to break up unwieldy text
- Use little-known tools in MS Word to assess readability
The hints and tips in this self study module are relevant to all forms of business writing and are easy to apply. Using Plain Words Eight Principles of Business Writing as your framework helps to ensure all written communication in your organisation is clear, concise and accurate.